Dragon Valley, created by Queen Kids, is a game designed first and foremost with children in mind. It looks to be a fun game that will give parents more options to engage their children while helping children build skills such as dexterity, communication and cooperation.
Players: 2 – 4
Time: ~20 minutes
Estimated Delivery: August 2014
Location: Dallas, TX (Based in Germany)
Forum: Dragon Valley
Games are a wonderful method of building skills that will help your children later in life and Dragon Valley seems to do just that. The last game that really fit that description was Robot Turtles.
“The goal of the game is to return the dragon younglings to their valley before the nasty wizard gets back to his tower and catches them playing fireball near his home. To help the baby dragons, two players each take a wand and use their magic to transport them back to the Dragon Valley.” – BoardGameGeek
From the Campaign
Dragon Valley is a game that connects generations. Discover the child in you and discover the magic in your child. Test your dexterity, communication and cooperative skills in this delightful family game!
– Dragon Valley is cooperative. Players are all working together to achieve victory.
– Dragon Valley has tactile and dexterity components that keep players engaged.
– Dragon Valley is a family game in which young players can be as good or better than adults.
– Dragon Valley encourages and rewards communication as the players move the younglings back to their valley.
– Dragon Valley has simple rules that allow players to start the game in moments.
– Dragon Valley has very high replayability. Two sets of different diameter wands, challenge cards (try helping the younglings with your eyes closed!), and optional distances make Dragon Valley never ending fun for new and experienced players.
– Dragon Valley is an environmentally friendly production. All products are made in Europe and all our paper, cardboard and wooden components, come from ecologically sustainable sources.
Pledge Tiers: 7 tiers ranging from $29 to $290
End Date: Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:44 PM EDT
Chances of success
Given that the campaign reached its goal in less than 24 hours, it’s already a success. In terms of product success, I see no issues here. This game is being developed by Queen Kids, a kid friendly version of Queen Games which has produced many successful crowd funded games. In fact, this is Queen Games’ 16th Kickstarter campaign!