Po(r)ker Chips: Poker chips for those who love bacon. These ceramic poker chips, created by Wesley Klein and designed by David Goldklang, include pictures of pigs and are purported to be made to be high quality, perhaps more so than regular poker chips.
Estimated Delivery: April 2014
Location: New York, NY
Wesley Klein is the creator of Po(r)ker Chips and the owner of Baconery in New York City. With the help of Designer David Goldklang, they made poker chips for a certain group of people: bacon lovers. Po(r)ker chips are ceramic poker chips. They come in a variety of colors and weigh roughly 10 grams apiece. They include pictures of pigs along with one of Baconery’s “bacon commandments.” According to the Kickstarter campaign, they are the following:
1. There must always be bacon in the fridge.
2. All food is better with bacon.
3. Even pigs like bacon – that’s a fact.
4. A meal without bacon is hardly worth eating.
5. Bacon is a great aphrodisiac.
6. You can eat bacon and still be vegetarian.
7. Crispy and chewy bacon are equally acceptable.
8. Most problems can be solved with bacon.
9. Bacon is a necessity, not a luxury.
10. Bacon is the only choice.
Pledge Levels: 12 levels ranging from $6 to $1,395
End Date: Monday, Feb 17, 12:00am EST.
Chances of success
This project has already reached its funding goal. The creator has made unique chips to not only help promote his business but to also give poker players more creative tools. Klein also states that there could challenges to this project, most commonly: production and fulfillment. However, he has confidence in making sure this project is a success, saying that his vendor is reliable and that he has no issues fulfilling his pledges in a timely manner. This confidence can help make this project succeed. In addition, it is reassuring knowing that chips have already been designed and samples have been produced.